Membership is open to persons interested in sailing, willing to abide by club rules, agree to pay the membership fees and dues, and meet the service obligations.
All members receive the following benefits, regardless of membership type:
- Access to and ability to reserve club facilities*
- Open use of property and club common areas
- Ability to rent docking and trailer storage spots*
- Participation in all club social and racing events
- Discounts on CSC-led instructional classes
*Additional charges may apply.
Concord Yacht Club thrives because of the hard work and dedication of its members. Therefore, all members are required to complete the following annually:
- A minimum of fifteen (15) service hours
- A minimum of one (1) assignment of Race Committee
- Abide by all published club policies and by-laws
Membership Special Offers
Young Active Membership
Individuals ages 18 – 32 enjoy the benefits of CYC Membership for half the cost! With no initiation fee and a 50% discount on annual dues, there’s no better time to start sailing at CYC!
Study hard off — and on — the water: Individuals age 18 or older enrolled full-time at a educational institution may hold a CYC Student Membership for up to five (5) years.
|Membership Type||Age Requirements||Application Fee||Initiation Fee||Membership Bond Certificate||Annual Dues|
|Active (Standard) Membership||33 or Older||$25*||$300||$230||$396*|
|Young Active Membership||21 - 32||$25*||None||$230||$198*|
|Student Membership||18 or Older, Full-time Student||$25*||None||None||$198*|
*Tennessee State Sales Tax of 9.25% will apply.
- Application Fee: A one-time, non-refundable application fee will accompany all applications for membership and paid at the time of membership application submission.
- Initiation Fee: A one-time, non-refundable initiation and administration fee is payable when the membership application is accepted.
- Membership Bond Certificate: The Membership Bond Certificate represents a member’s shared ownership in CYC. This bond amount is refundable at resignation for members in good standing.
- Annual Dues: Annual Dues are prorated for new members joining after January 31 at a rate of $33 per month.
More Membership Information
Each active member must contribute at least fifteen (15) service hours annually. Service hours are credited for activities including work parties (during the Spring and Fall), serving on club committees, providing services to the board, or assistance with regattas and social events. Members may elect to pay $30 per hour for each service hour not performed. Work hours are prorated for members joining after January 31.
Each active member must serve at least one (1) Race Committee assignment annually. Race Committee is normally assigned during the High Water Series between April and October. Prior racing knowledge or race committee experience is not required. Members may elect to pay $50 in lieu of Race Committee duty.
For information on boat dockage, trailer parking, and other boat storage options see Slips, Trailers, Moorings.